I think I’d enjoy this!
Last week, I shared a Romany (Gypsy) recipe that my hero, Luca, may have enjoyed in Regency England, a roasted hedgehog.
Today I’m sharing a Honey Cake Recipe. In my Regency Historical Romance, Seeking Patience, Lady Patience Blakwell, the heroine, serves “honey cakes and tea for a light midday meal.”
This is a simple recipe, and most ingredients you may already have on hand:
• 1 cup white sugar
• 1 cup honey
• 1/2 cup vegetable oil
• 4 eggs
• 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
• 1 cup orange juice
• 2 1/2 cups flour
• 3 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• pinch of salt
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Grease and flour a 9×13 inch pan.
2. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. Mix sugar, honey, oil, eggs and orange…
View original post 112 more words